Wednesday 3 December 2014

Making things up...

I am just coming back to our exhibition proposal now I am armed with a list of some of Hazel's amazing inventions. I am particularly looking forward to seeing what the Special Extended Ear Nibbler can do.

I've been thinking a lot about the role of artists and makers in making things, but also in making things up. There's a reluctance by museums and their curators to make things up, but I think we could often do well to imagine more and know less (or know more, depending on how you look at it).

Speaking of which, I have come across an exciting project. Dr James Lattin's Museum of Imaginative Knowledge. It does exactly that and I like it. I was delighted to receive a surprise parcel from the museum in the post the other day.

Dr James Lattin's Museum of Imaginative Knowledge

The only museum that fits into a postage box?

4 Comments:

At 4 December 2014 at 02:12 , Blogger hazel said...

Love this .. Will post photo of some of Michael's mini museums.

 
At 7 December 2014 at 08:09 , Blogger Alex W said...

Brilliant - really look forward to seeing these.

 
At 10 December 2014 at 04:45 , Blogger hazel said...

Michael and I are also now proud owners of one of Dr James' museums in a box.

 
At 10 December 2014 at 04:47 , Blogger Alex W said...

Oh how exciting. Is it the same as mine I wonder?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home