Tuesday 9 December 2014

Archives of all manners and types. (MMU Visual Resources Centre)

We have a wonderful archive at MMU called "The Visual Resources Centre" , better known to us old hands as The Slide Library....once upon a time it was the place to go to sort out the visuals for your lecture..now it is a place of wonder and a place you can rummage, as each sheet of 24 slides can be put on the light box..and 1000s of images to look through..many of  them objects. Each sheet is like opening a draw...surprising and never boring.
I chose the slides below for an exhibition run by M.A students, recently shown on the 5th floor of Chatham. These slides were part of an exhibition of design in plastic.


Thank you to John Davis of the MMU Visual Resources Centre for the photograph.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 10 December 2014 at 05:27 , Blogger Alex W said...

I would love a rummage in there one day. You showed me the room when I was last visiting. It's made me think of my old suitcases of photos and negatives which are in the attic. I should have a rummage but it's hard to get to them...

 
At 10 December 2014 at 06:51 , Blogger hazel said...

you would be very welcome..name a date.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home