Friday 9 January 2015

Drawing is also a good time to sit and think

I have done a lot of these sheets recording my collection since 2008, I was shocked to notice, but I havn't done one in a while. They do look a little rough and ready, (but on mass they do look better).
So today, whilst listening to the BBC coverage of the hostage situations in France, I sat and drew this card of SEGS. I have always liked things in Multiples...I can never make one of anything. I think I need to do a little more pencil shading on the Segs though..


Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 10 January 2015 at 07:07 , Blogger Alex W said...

I like the paint. What sort of paint is it? And what is a SEG?!

 
At 10 January 2015 at 07:17 , Blogger hazel said...

The paint is just a tin of watercolours .. And a Seg is a metal stud that used to be used a lot to put on the bottom of your shoes to extend the life of the sole of your shoe. Segs and blakeys, I have a collection of many forms of them.

 
At 10 January 2015 at 07:37 , Blogger Alex W said...

Gosh - an exciting mending gadget. Not so many of those sorts of things around nowadays in our throwaway world... Is a blakey something similar?

 
At 10 January 2015 at 08:29 , Blogger hazel said...

Yes..a Blakey is moon shaped metal shoe stud..again they come in various sizes. A lot of blokes used them in the Midlands when I was young..form of hobnail boot...saved your shoe leather.
You could also pretend to tap dance.

 
At 10 January 2015 at 08:31 , Blogger Alex W said...

I'd like to have a go at tap dancing with a Blakey. And a Seg. I wonder which makes the best noise.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home