Monday 5 January 2015

Relics and Reliquaries by Jeffrey Vallance

Michael gave me this book for Xmas by an artist called Jeffrey Vallance..he exhibits items from his life and performances as relics....I have been reading this today. (I love research leave).
I like how how has created such intricate boxes and displays for such banal objects, and as I read it, I thought how I try to elevate the everyday in other ways....by creating objects/inventions.


I havn't chosen the best example of the decorated box, but the pencil was one of my favourite objects, the other was the top of a broken bottle plus cap that had a family story attached to it.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7 January 2015 at 08:58 , Blogger Alex W said...

Ooh - I look forward to seeing that book. Maybe I might create boxes for some of my things?

 
At 7 January 2015 at 09:07 , Blogger hazel said...

Lot of images online of his boxes..some are very intricate.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home