Wednesday 7 January 2015

If you don't understand it..draw it..

A bit chilly in my workshop today..but with 2 cardies and 2 pairs of socks I sat in there and pondered. I have bought a few more items for the A1 Scrap Metal collection and this seemed a good time to study them. One particular object, labelled a "Tension Gauge", which I bought for £2 from Blakemere was baffling me...so I sat and drew it..now I understand how the thing works..Still not sure where it was used..in the textile industry maybe? but I figured out how the bits on the side clipped in and how the scale worked and the tension could be altered..


Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 8 January 2015 at 03:19 , Blogger Alex W said...

Lovely things. I like the way you try and work out how they work. There was a tin of metal bits in my Dad's collection that I really wanted you to have, but he seemed very reluctant to part with it. I think they are something to do with wireless communication, but not exactly sure...

 
At 8 January 2015 at 03:22 , Blogger hazel said...

I look forward to seeing more of your dad's collection.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home