Wednesday 15 April 2015

Museum postcards.

 I found this postcard in an Oxfam shop in Chester. I thought this was an unusual way of displaying a collection...but I imagine they are trying to give a feeling of the scale of the number objects in the hoard.
The Museum postcard is, in a way, the polar opposite of what I like about museums, as it gives you the edited highlights as chosen by the curators for you to forever associate the museum with. Where as I like the chance to rummage in the back rooms to pick out the things I deem important..so why am I so interested in the Museum Postcard? Maybe because I want to make my own sets for each museum....and for my own collection..and I need to study how the experts do it.



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home